How We Can Help You With Setting Up QuickBooks
We’ve worked with California Companies with their QuickBooks accounting software. Whether you’re new to QuickBooks or upgrading your file, we can customize an implementation plan specifically for your business. Our QuickBooks Setup & Implementation services are far more extensive than your basic free QuickBooks support. Our team has several years of real world experience implementing and using QuickBooks within many types of business scenarios, industries, and end user roles from bookkeeper to CFO
First, your dedicated QuickBooks consultant will go through a detailed checklist to determine which version of QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions, etc.) will best suit the needs of your business, the number of licenses required to support your staff needs, any 3rd party applications needed, and if any custom programming or integration is needed. You’ll receive the Intuit Premier Reseller Discount, which in many cases will give you a perpetual discount on all of your licenses.
In order to get the most out of QuickBooks, it is crucial that your system is designed and set up properly from the beginning. By conducting a thorough needs analysis, we can generate a detailed system design that meets both your immediate and long-term goals. Our goal is to optimize your system to generate the KPIs, Financial Reports and Management Reports you need to make strategic business decisions.
File Setup and Internal Controls
During the file setup stage, we’ll configure QuickBooks either on your local network or in a secure, cloud-hosted environment and set up user access. We’ll also set up your file based on the implementation plan we developed for you, such as setting up a customized Chart of Accounts, Lists, Preferences / Settings, Forms, Payroll, Taxes, Templates, Inventory, Memorize Reports, Fixed Assets, and more. If we’re importing data from your previous accounting software we’ll clean the data and ensure it came over cleanly.
Third Party and Custom Applications
If during the planning stage we determine that you’ll need a 3rd party app and / or custom programming, we will implement those after we get your base QuickBooks file setup. If you’re using QuickBooks Enterprise, this could be as straightforward as turning on and setting up Intuit’s Advanced Inventory or Reporting Add-On. We can also handle more complex situations that require a custom developed application or integration with external systems. These custom applications are owned by you and build off of Intuit’s API.
Reporting and Automation
Once we’ve got your QuickBooks file and any supporting apps & integrations set-up, we take it further by automating various data-entry tasks and generating reports. We can show you how to generate reports, set-up automation, and / or build any custom report your need so that you get the most out of your QuickBooks data.
Training and Knowledge Transfer
Lastly, we’ll make sure your team feels confident using your new system. Every business and individual is different. We offer customizable QuickBooks training based on your needs and goals as well as your specific QuickBooks system environment. All training can be done remotely via secure web-based meeting, which makes scheduling more convenient and cost-effective. If you prefer on-site training, we offer that option as well.
How We Do Our Work:
We start with auditing. We gather information about the company from the following categories:
- Industry - We use our own experience and knowledge in a specific industry and combine it with a company’s current situation. By doing this we have the possibility to find ways to improve the company’s financial standing, and our experience gives us the skills to do it fast and simply.
- Reality of Company’s Status - We analyze the realities of the company’s activities and look into the ways we could improve the situation
- Owner’s Expectations - We take note of an owner’s understanding of a company’s current situation, compare it with what we see in the company’s financial and tax statements, and make a plan on how to reach the desired outcome for the company
- Bank Expectations - We make a system that will be easy to understand by banks and loan officers.
- Government Agencies - Through our financial system, we make it possible to find ways for tax optimization (reduced tax), and we make our finance reports easy to understand by the taxpayer and government agencies.